Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide workbook instantly on open

Is it possible to hide a workbook instantly when it opens?
I currently have

Set newBook = Workbooks.Open(fileName)
Windows(fileName).Visible = False

I also tried

Set newBook = Workbooks.Open(fileName)
With newBook
..Windows(fileName).Visible = False
End With

In both cases the workbook flashes on the screen for an instant.
That's clumsy. Is there a way to prevent that without saving the
workbook as hidden?

Thanks

--
TommySzalapski
TommySzalapski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25561

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tried Application.ScreenUpdating = False before it?

--

HTH

RP

"TommySzalapski"
<TommySzalapski.1sw37v_1122570430.5024@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:TommySzalapski.1sw37v_1122570430.5024@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Is it possible to hide a workbook instantly when it opens?
I currently have

Set newBook = Workbooks.Open(fileName)
Windows(fileName).Visible = False

I also tried

Set newBook = Workbooks.Open(fileName)
With newBook
Windows(fileName).Visible = False
End With

In both cases the workbook flashes on the screen for an instant.
That's clumsy. Is there a way to prevent that without saving the
workbook as hidden?

Thanks

--
TommySzalapski
TommySzalapski's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391021

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set newBook = Workbooks.Open(fileName)
Windows(fileName).Visible = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Forgot about that one, thanks.
By the way, you guys should register on the forum so you can view an
post at times other than 5 minutes after the hour so you don't kee
answering the same questions. Not that I mind two answers... but yo
could help people more quickly. Just a thought

--
TommySzalapsk
TommySzalapski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2556

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The forum is a little pond. the big pond where most of the people asking
and answering questions are is located at

the forum just interfaces with the big pond.

Tom Ogilvy

"TommySzalapski"
<TommySzalapski.1sw8qn_1122577561.5665@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:TommySzalapski.1sw8qn_1122577561.5665@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Forgot about that one, thanks.
By the way, you guys should register on the forum so you can view and
post at times other than 5 minutes after the hour so you don't keep
answering the same questions. Not that I mind two answers... but you
could help people more quickly. Just a thought.

--
TommySzalapski
TommySzalapski's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391021

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think Tom or I will give up the NGs for a web forum. The NGs are
leaner, quicker, and better (why else would all the forums send their stuff
here).

And I don't think too many people complain about the speed of their