Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing border colors instantly

I have different border styles on various cells in my worksheet some with a
total border some only bordered from top and some from sides and most of the
cells have no border.

Is there a technique that I could change color of all the existing borders
in one step instead of selecting and changing each and every one separately?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'll give it a shot. I don't know of a built-in way, and there is always a
problem in trying to identify colors from color picker (at least there is for
me), so I put this together today.

Download this file (click the link and save to your hard drive).
http://www.jlathamsite.com/Tools/Alt...orderColor.xls

Have that workbook open and open the one with borders to be changed. Basic
operation is for you to first select all the cells you want to change the
border color for, then run the macro that's in the workbook uploaded.

Since this is working from Selection. you need to run it via Tools | Macro |
Macros instead of activating the other workbook - that'll set a different
range for Selection.

If this works for you, you can copy the userform into your own workbook(s)
along with the module of code that simply opens the UserForm.

Let me know how it works out for you - you get to be the lab rat on this one
<g.

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote:

I have different border styles on various cells in my worksheet some with a
total border some only bordered from top and some from sides and most of the
cells have no border.

Is there a technique that I could change color of all the existing borders
in one step instead of selecting and changing each and every one separately?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad it worked for you also. It's a little slow in that it has to test each
possible border/line in each individual cell of your selection, so a really
large table could take a noticeable amount of time.

Also, the actual colors will depend on the palette you have currently
chosen. I used the colors from the default palette in 2003. Each of the
color squares on the form is actually an Image control with a 1kb picture in
it. That's the reason the file is so large for just having the one form in
it.

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote:

XClent shot!

Sure was a home run!