Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros forcing file open

I have several old macros set up in Excel; they are stored in the
personal.xls sheet. I was working on a small file the other day (filename =
friday.xls). I must have done something unusual when I saved the file. Now
whenever I execute any macro, I get the following error message: "friday.xls
contains macros". Excel asks me to Disable or Enable the macros, and then it
opens up friday.xls. Any ideas on why Excel opens this file? Any idea on how
to correct it? Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How are you executing that macro (some sort of button on a worksheet?).

It sounds like the button has a macro assigned to it that points at that
friday.xls file.

--

Dave Peterson