Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PdfDistiller Error

I have a process that automatically creates PDFs using Acrobat Distiller.
Recently, I got a new computer and since then, the process has not been
working.
When it tries to create a new PdfDistiller:

Dim myPDF As PdfDistiller
Set myPDF = New PdfDistiller

I get this run-time error:
Run-time error '429'
ActiveXcomponent can't create object

I can't figure out what the problem is. The reference is made to Acrobat
Distiller.
Please help.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try a Google web search: "Run-time error '429'" distiller adobe pdf

I only looked at the first hit and it would imply to me that it was
not installed for all users but only for the person who installed it.

Anyway there were 11 hits
Now there will be 12. One of the problems of suggesting search arguments
for Google. So at least post back what your solution turns out to be.

I wonder if having macros turned off would also do that, and then
since Active-X was mentioned could be a security setting.
---
HTH,

"NickHK" wrote in message ...
gottahavit,
Same version of Acrobat ?

NickHK

"gottahavit" wrote in message
I have a process that automatically creates PDFs using Acrobat Distiller.
Recently, I got a new computer and since then, the process has not been
working.
When it tries to create a new PdfDistiller:

Dim myPDF As PdfDistiller
Set myPDF = New PdfDistiller

I get this run-time error:
Run-time error '429'
ActiveXcomponent can't create object

I can't figure out what the problem is. The reference is made to Acrobat
Distiller.
Please help.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

II have the same problem, but the code works fine under
ADMINISTRATOR-account.. I think this is a security problem.
I have installed Windows XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP1. I have test it with
Acrobat 5, 6 and 7. Ever the same problem when I work with an user-account.
With administrator-account it's ok.

Reinfried
"gottahavit" wrote:

I have a process that automatically creates PDFs using Acrobat Distiller.
Recently, I got a new computer and since then, the process has not been
working.
When it tries to create a new PdfDistiller:

Dim myPDF As PdfDistiller
Set myPDF = New PdfDistiller

I get this run-time error:
Run-time error '429'
ActiveXcomponent can't create object

I can't figure out what the problem is. The reference is made to Acrobat
Distiller.
Please help.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:13:45 -0400, "David McRitchie"
wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Try a Google web search: "Run-time error '429'" distiller adobe pdf

I only looked at the first hit and it would imply to me that it was
not installed for all users but only for the person who installed it.

Anyway there were 11 hits
Now there will be 12. One of the problems of suggesting search arguments
for Google. So at least post back what your solution turns out to be.

I wonder if having macros turned off would also do that, and then
since Active-X was mentioned could be a security setting.

Hmm - it's a long shot, but if it has something to do with security for
ActiveX components, try this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common \Security]
"UFIControls"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Offi ce\Common\Security]
"UFIControls"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Commo n\Security]
"UFIControls"=dword:00000001

"NickHK" wrote in message ...
gottahavit,
Same version of Acrobat ?

"gottahavit" wrote in message
I have a process that automatically creates PDFs using Acrobat Distiller.
Recently, I got a new computer and since then, the process has not been
working.
When it tries to create a new PdfDistiller:

Dim myPDF As PdfDistiller
Set myPDF = New PdfDistiller

I get this run-time error:
Run-time error '429'
ActiveXcomponent can't create object

I can't figure out what the problem is. The reference is made to Acrobat
Distiller.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank You for the answer. I have changed the registry settings to the
UFIControls, but I have the same problems. I have also set the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VBA\Security\LoadControlsI nForms=dword:00000001.

"Michael Bednarek" wrote:

[...]

"NickHK" wrote in message ...
gottahavit,
Same version of Acrobat ?