Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Storing values to arrays for subsequent use

Don Lloyd (ably assisted by Toppers) provided me with an excellent solution
for my hiding visible toolbars on opening/redisplaying them again when
closing issue earlier today.
However, I'm still intrigued by the possibility of storing a value to a
variable or an array, then having those values preserved for use later on.
Of course, one way to do this is to store the values in a dummy worksheet,
but I've always thought this to be a bit untidy.
Does anyone have any observations on the best way to do this, if indeed it's
possible?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pete,
Just any dummy worksheet in any dummy workbook might seem untidy, but since
I keep all my macros in my personal.xls, I do not regard it as untidy to keep
data I want to preserve for use with those macros in worksheets in
personal.xls as well.
regards,
Lionel

"Peter Rooney" wrote:

Of course, one way to do this is to store the values in a dummy worksheet,
but I've always thought this to be a bit untidy.
Does anyone have any observations on the best way to do this, if indeed it's
possible?

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

What I was originally trying to do was store the numbers of the toolbars
that were open when a workbook was opened to an array. I managed to do this -
what I WASN' able to do was access those numbers later on, to redisplay those
toolbars before the workbook was closed. Don Lloyd's solution was spot on,
although I didn't fully understand how it worked, when I was unable to create
my own static array. I spent most of yesterday poring over trying to make my
original code work (shamefaced admission) before leaving this post.

I just want to understand if it's possible to do what I wanted in the way I
was trying to do it, without having to fall straight back on someone else's
solution.

Cheers & thanks for your interest

Pete