Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is it possible to create custom AutoShapes?

Anyone know if it's possible to create custom AutoShapes? The key
differential factor between AutoShapes and other pictures, clipart,
etc. being that AutoShapes allow you to add text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AFAIK not possible to create a custom Autoshape (assuming you don't mean a
Freeform).

However you could assign a picture to say a rectangle, then add text.

Format Fill Fill effects Picture

Regards,
Peter T

"Nick Hebb" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know if it's possible to create custom AutoShapes? The key
differential factor between AutoShapes and other pictures, clipart,
etc. being that AutoShapes allow you to add text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not a bad idea. The text framing isn't perfect, but it just might work.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can understand the picture framing not being quite right but, out of
curiosity, what do you mean by "text framing isn't perfect". Not sure why it
would be any different to a normal autoshape, at least as far as the text is
concerned.

Regards,
Peter T

"Nick Hebb" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not a bad idea. The text framing isn't perfect, but it just might work.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By text framing, I mean the text frame within the AutoShape. Let's say
you're using a Flowchart Decision AutoShape (i.e. a diamond). The
textframe is the largest rectangle that will fit inside the shape, so
for the diamond, the text frame is much smaller than the shape itself.

Since picture are rectangles, I would need to to use a rectangle (or
Flowchart Process) AutoShape to contain the picture. Since the default
textframe for the rectangle AutoShape probably won't match the area
that I want to add text to, I would need to play with the internal
margins.

It's not perfect, but it may work. I'll need to play around with it
some more.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I see what you mean. In addition to playing with margins maybe center
aligning text both horizontally & vertically might assist.

Have you considered placing a textbox over your picture and grouping. Format
the textbox with invisible Fill and border.

Regards,
Peter T

ups.com...