Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please Help! Shared Workbooks & VBA

I set up a procedure to export data from an Access database to an Excel
template with several tabs. Everything works ok until I try to save the
Excel workbook as a shared document. Is it even possible to save an Excel
workbook as a shared document using vba code from Access ? If so, how do I
do this and how would I unshare the workbook before I attempt to import the
updated spreadsheets back into the database?

I have been looking at both the Excel and Access Discussion groups and
cannot find what I am looking for - only a post that references
ActiveWorkbook.ExclusiveAccess
and ? thisworkbook.MultiUserEditing. There is no other explanation and I
don't know how to implement this.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From the Help on MultiUserEditing

To save a workbook as a shared list, use the SaveAs method. To switch the
workbook from shared mode to exclusive mode, use the ExclusiveAccess method.

------------------
so there is an option in SaveAs to make the workbook shared.

Tom Ogilvy

"swedbera" wrote in message
I set up a procedure to export data from an Access database to an Excel
template with several tabs. Everything works ok until I try to save the
Excel workbook as a shared document. Is it even possible to save an Excel
workbook as a shared document using vba code from Access ? If so, how do

do this and how would I unshare the workbook before I attempt to import

the
updated spreadsheets back into the database?

I have been looking at both the Excel and Access Discussion groups and
cannot find what I am looking for - only a post that references
ActiveWorkbook.ExclusiveAccess
and ? thisworkbook.MultiUserEditing. There is no other explanation and I
don't know how to implement this.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Where are you finding this help? I couldn't find it in Excel Help.

If I can find it, I will try to figure it out myself.

Arlene

From the Help on MultiUserEditing

"swedbera" wrote in message
I set up a procedure to export data from an Access database to an Excel
template with several tabs. Everything works ok until I try to save the
Excel workbook as a shared document. Is it even possible to save an Excel
workbook as a shared document using vba code from Access ? If so, how do

do this and how would I unshare the workbook before I attempt to import

the
updated spreadsheets back into the database?

I have been looking at both the Excel and Access Discussion groups and
cannot find what I am looking for - only a post that references
ActiveWorkbook.ExclusiveAccess
and ? thisworkbook.MultiUserEditing. There is no other explanation and I
don't know how to implement this.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA help in Excel. In a module type in

MultiUserEditing

Highlight it and hit F1. should get you the help file on that property

Tom Ogilvy

"swedbera" wrote in message
Tom,

Where are you finding this help? I couldn't find it in Excel Help.

If I can find it, I will try to figure it out myself.

Arlene

From the Help on MultiUserEditing