Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default put data in columns

I'm sure there's an easy way to do this. It might not even involve a
macro. I'm receiving data in the following crosstab format:

CountynameX acount bcount total
acount% bcount% 100%
CountynameY acount bcount total
acount% bcount% 100
and so forth.

I want the data in columns:

CountynameX acount acount% bcount bcount%
CountynameY acount acount% bcount bcount%

I don't need the totals or the 100% in my table at all.
What's the easiest way to accomplish this? The more automated the
better. I'll be doing it for several files every quarter.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is what I would do.

Say your data is in A1:D999
Select A1:A999 (last row of data)
edit|goto|special|blank cells
type an equal sign (=) and hit the up arrow key
hit ctrl-enter

This should fill the empty cells with a formula that evaluates to the cell
above.

Now select column A.
edit|copy
followed by
edit|paste special|values

Now select column B.
data|filter|autofilter

Filter to show the "acount" text.
select those visible cells (including the header)
and right click on one of them|Delete Row|(yes to delete entire row prompt).

I'd add headers to row 1 and not put those text values in column B, but you
could insert a new column B and a new column D and fill them with the text you
want (just type in one value and drag down the column).

And then delete the total column.

--

Dave Peterson