Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PivotTable Multirange Challenge

I followed most what was written in your wonderfull forum but no one
tackled the weakness in the wizzard for the multirange senario.

By that I mean once you go with the wizzard YOU CANNOT achieve the same
felexibilty as with single range with regard to field selection.

My question is : if VBA can do wonders why no one (as far as I know)
cameup with a remedy using VBA.

Allow me illustrate:

My single list consists of Item # , qty , supplier (let us say I have 3
suppliers A,B and C)

I use the wizzard for single list I get this wonderfull PT with
supplier as the colum. Now I can filter Suppler A no problem

I split the SAME list into 3 lists same layout

Try to use the multirange I CANNOT get the SAME PT. WHY????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Arishy wrote:

I followed most what was written in your wonderfull forum but no one
tackled the weakness in the wizzard for the multirange senario.

By that I mean once you go with the wizzard YOU CANNOT achieve the same
felexibilty as with single range with regard to field selection.

My question is : if VBA can do wonders why no one (as far as I know)
cameup with a remedy using VBA.

Allow me illustrate:

My single list consists of Item # , qty , supplier (let us say I have 3
suppliers A,B and C)

I use the wizzard for single list I get this wonderfull PT with
supplier as the colum. Now I can filter Suppler A no problem

I split the SAME list into 3 lists same layout

Try to use the multirange I CANNOT get the SAME PT. WHY????

Arishy,
This is more of a pivot table rather than a programming issue. Why not
just use a single list? I use pivot tables a lot and have never found
the need to use multiple data ranges. If it's a problem with the number
of rows of data, put the data into a database table and create the pivot
table by connecting directly to that table. That way you can get around
the 65,000 row worksheet limit. I've had pivot tables with over 200,000
rows of data this way.
cheers
peterDavey