Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Program for calculating a power trend line

I have a set of data that is non-linear and believe it will fit a power trend
equation. I have been unable to locate a program that will curve fit the
data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the trend line in the Graph Function.

Linest

You can see how Bernard Liengme solves for the coefficients of a polynomial
curve using LINEST. Perhaps you can adapt a similar approach to working
with your 6th order polynomial equation.

http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Houston banker" <Houston wrote in message
I have a set of data that is non-linear and believe it will fit a power

trend
equation. I have been unable to locate a program that will curve fit the
data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Supplementing Tom's response:

Create a chart with the data. Then, in the chart select the plotted
series then select Chart | Add Trendline... and select the appropriate
option.

Also, in addition to Bernard's web page that Tom referenced, you may
want to check
Trendline coefficients
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ti...efficients.htm

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , "=?
Utf-8?B?SG91c3RvbiBiYW5rZXI=?=" <Houston
says...