Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Protect in Excel 2000

Hi:

I need protect objects in a worksheet (ej. Pivot Tables, new lines/columns
creation, etc.), but i need than users can give format (color, number
display, etc.) into cells of the same worksheet.

It is that possible?

Thanks

Rodrigo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What version of Excel are you using? In Excel 2003, you can allow
users to format cells, but not make any changes. See the options
listed when you choose "Protect Worksheet".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rodrigo" wrote in message
Hi:

I need protect objects in a worksheet (ej. Pivot Tables, new
lines/columns
creation, etc.), but i need than users can give format (color,
number
display, etc.) into cells of the same worksheet.

It is that possible?

Thanks

Rodrigo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is the point.. i only have Excel 2000

That is why it is a good idea to put all pertinent information in the body
of the post - not put critical information soley in the subject.

The only way you could protect the sheet and allow formatting is to set up
an area where the user can copy formats form pre-formatted cells and past
onto the cells to be formatted (very kludgy), or to control formatting
through your own dialogs - where you would briefly unprotect the sheet (or
use the interfaceonly property of the protect method).

Tom Ogilvy