Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with coding a solution.

At the end of every week I get a report from Peachtree that shows sales
commissions by sales rep. Sales sometimes have two reps involved.
Unfortunately Peachtree only has one field to track a sales rep. So
many line items in the report have one cell with two reps names in it,
like this Rep1/Rep2 or JamesJ/TinaS.

For reporting purposes I need to separate the reps names into separate
cells, so JamesJ/TinaS becomes a cell with JamesJ in one cell and TinaS
in another.

Is it possible to write code that would split out anything before and
after the "/" into two other cells?

Thanks in advance for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

Steve M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try using datatext to columnsnext.....set delimiter as "/" and it will be
done....the only catch is that the original coluimn will be deleted and two
new columns will be made...so in case u want to preserve the original
column, make a copy of that column and perform the operation on it.

hope it helps

MPG
"smonczka" wrote in message
oups.com...
At the end of every week I get a report from Peachtree that shows sales
commissions by sales rep. Sales sometimes have two reps involved.
Unfortunately Peachtree only has one field to track a sales rep. So
many line items in the report have one cell with two reps names in it,
like this Rep1/Rep2 or JamesJ/TinaS.

For reporting purposes I need to separate the reps names into separate
cells, so JamesJ/TinaS becomes a cell with JamesJ in one cell and TinaS
in another.

Is it possible to write code that would split out anything before and
after the "/" into two other cells?

Thanks in advance for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

Steve M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mayank, thanks that would be exactly what I was looking for. Deleteing
the original row would not be a problem. But I'm new to writing code
could you give me an example of what you are talking about. I've never
heard of DATATEXT functions?

Thank you,
Steve