Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Check Box

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have tried to
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed the cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it moves to
the next row.
--
Shady
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:
1) Select ViewToolbarsControl Toolbox.
2) Activate the Design Mode control at the top-left corner of the toolbar
(the tool tip should say "Design Mode").
3) Hold the mouse pointer over the check box. It should turn into a four-way
arrow. 4) Select the check box.
4) Click the <Delete button.

Regards,
Greg

"Shady Lady" wrote:

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have tried to
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed the cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it moves to
the next row.
--
Shady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In addition to Greg's method, you could try Edit--Go to--Special and
choose Objects, and hit OK. Then hit your Delete key. The difference is,
this will select ANY and ALL objects, not just one or some.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shady Lady" wrote in message
I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have tried

delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed the

cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it moves

the next row.
--
Shady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another way is to select the "Select Objects" arrow from the Drawing
toolbar.
Encircle all the object such that each is selected.
Than click "Delete".

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond

"Shady Lady" wrote:

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have tried
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed the
cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it
moves to
the next row.
--
Shady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe both your's and Anne's methods will only work for native drawing
objects and not for ActiveX controls. The OP's check box is likely an ActiveX
control. I went to my own web account and copied a check box and pasted it to
the worksheet. I could not activate the control using either your's or Anne's
methods.

Best regards,
Greg

"Shady Lady" wrote:

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have tried
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed the
cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it
moves to
the next row.
--
Shady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good call, Greg. I must not get files that use those much. :) Now I have to
go write another article!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shady Lady" wrote:

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I

mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have

tried
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed

the
cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it
moves to
the next row.
--
Shady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Greg,

My error - it works with some objects from the web, but not all.
Tried it on one of my copy/paste from an on-line account.

--

"Shady Lady" wrote:

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I
mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have
tried
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed the
cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it
moves to
the next row.
--
Shady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just as an extra precaution I will add an experience I had a few times. Once
an ActiveX control is on the Excel worksheet it is tough to see very much
info about it -- or, for that matter, how many there might be in the same
spot. I once or twice found that I had to delete the same object about 20 or
so times and it did finally go away. Apparently, the creator of the web form
had done copy paste a zillion times with the same object type in the same
spot.

On a true form, one could check the object drop down to see what items are
on the form, I don't think there is an equivalent in an Excel worksheet (or
at least I don't know where it is, if there is one.

"Shady Lady" wrote:

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I
mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have
tried
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed
the
cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it
moves to
the next row.
--
Shady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To see a list of specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple
Objects' tool to one of your toolbars:

Choose ToolsCustomize
Select the Commands tab
Select the Drawing Category
Drag the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool onto one of your toolbars
Click Close

Then, click the Select Multiple Objects button, and select any or all
objects on the worksheet.

If you're in Design Mode (on the Control Toolbox), ActiveX objects will
be included in the list.

"Shady Lady" wrote:

I copied a couple of lines from one of my accounts on line. I
mistakenly
copied a form field (a check box). I can't remove the box. I have
tried
delete the whole row. I have done clear contents. I have changed
the
cell
formatting. I don't know what else to do. When I delete the row it
moves to
the next row.
--
Shady