Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I make Excel copy entries from 1 workbook to a new one

I have a worksheet I use daily at work The first column is for the month,
then day then city. To keep my tax guy happy he wants me to keep track of
days in each city. Is there a way to make the city entry copy to a new
seperate sheet? The alternative is to go back and manually count each day and
then copy the info to a new book.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

I think that what you are seeking to implement is unnecessary and can
readily be achieved by using the built-in AutoFilter feature and filtering
your data by City.

If you are unfamiliar with AutoFilter, see Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

If you really do need separate sheets for each City, use the built-in
Advancd Filter feature.

See Debra Dalgleish's Advanced Filter tutorial at:

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Note particularly, Debra's 'Extract Data to Another Worksheet section.

---
Regards,
Norman