Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting Extended Attributes

I want to set the following extended attributes for my Excel Template:
File Version, Description, Product Name, Product Version
but I don't see a way to do it. I tried right-clicking and choosing
Properties, but these attributes are not choices.

inTHANKSadvance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Isn't there a custom tab on that properties dialog where you can add the ones
you want.

Ps. You can get to the properties for a workbook inside excel, too.
open the workbook
file|properties.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,
Yes, you can add your own "custom" attributes, but the attributes I'm trying
to set are "system" extended attributes. If you're in windows explorer and
right-click on the file column titles you can see the system attributes you
can display. If you click the More... choice at the bottom you get the full
list which includes the ones I'm trying to set.

I tried adding custom attributes with the same names, but this didn't work.

....jz

Jim Zeeb wrote:

I want to set the following extended attributes for my Excel Template:
File Version, Description, Product Name, Product Version
but I don't see a way to do it. I tried right-clicking and choosing
Properties, but these attributes are not choices.

inTHANKSadvance

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm guessing that excel files don't support all the properties that are
available from that dropdown menu.

If you don't get an answer here, you may want to try one of the windows (XP??)
newsgroups.