Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GetOpenFilename restrict file list to "ord*.xls" i.e., only list ord*.xls files

Hello,
I have failed to be able to get GetOpenFilename method
to restrict the list of files to select from beyond
the stated extentsion???

Is this possible -- and if so how.

What I mean is that I want the list to not include
ALL .xls files but rather a more narrow list such
as "orders*.xls" -- this list would be only the files
that began with "orders" and had a .xls extentsion.

2nd question, is it possible to force the file list
produced by GetOpenFilename -- to be have it in
<details mode and sorted by daye newest to oldest.
I know I can do this -- one the select window is
opened by this method. But can I override the default
<list setting.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Kevin Waite