Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Group Pivot data by week

I am trying to automaticallly group a pivot table by week. When I go into
group... from the pivot table field, I get a dialog box that says I can not
group. I can manually select these dates and group them, but new dates are
added to my data source daily, and I would like this report to automatically
group them. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That error can occur if there are blank cells or cells with text in the
date column. There are some suggestions here for fixing the problem:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List