Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
digicat

Default Pivot table - group dates per week or month

In the database we use SALES figures are listed per day.
I would like to group them per week, per month in a pivot table.
I've tried "Grouping", but get an error message.
Who can point me in the right direction to get this done?

--
digicat
digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14920

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi

Make sure that all of the data in the range are true Excel dates.
Text values, or blank cells in the range will cause the error message
"Unable to group that item".

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"digicat" wrote in
message ...

In the database we use SALES figures are listed per day.
I would like to group them per week, per month in a pivot table.
I've tried "Grouping", but get an error message.
Who can point me in the right direction to get this done?

--
digicat
digicat's Profile:
View this thread: