Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Too large-how do I split

I have a very large marco that I want to split and make the macro smaller.
The code is in one sheet and I am very new to this. I was told to make to
macros and then use this:

Sub master ()
Macro1
Macro2
End Sub

How do split these two macros and where do I place the sub master? Does the
sub master go on the main sheet that I am using?

Can someone do a step by step for me? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Toppers:
If you provided Daniel with a solution, would you mind posting it to this
site. I too am new to VBA & would be very interested in your code. Thank
you.
Elizabeth

"Toppers" wrote:

Hi,
Send me your code and I'll look at it off-line.

"Daniel R. Young" wrote:

I have a very large marco that I want to split and make the macro smaller.
The code is in one sheet and I am very new to this. I was told to make to
macros and then use this:

Sub master ()
Macro1
Macro2
End Sub

How do split these two macros and where do I place the sub master? Does the
sub master go on the main sheet that I am using?

Can someone do a step by step for me? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
I haven't got the code! but it was only a minor modification the
code supplied by Tom Ogilvy in the original postings so he should really get
the credit. The solution was as per Tom's post - simply loop through
(calculated) ranges rather have each individual range hard coded as per Dan's
original posting.

No magic solution!

HTH

"Daniel R. Young" wrote:

I have a very large marco that I want to split and make the macro smaller.
The code is in one sheet and I am very new to this. I was told to make to
macros and then use this:

Sub master ()
Macro1
Macro2
End Sub

How do split these two macros and where do I place the sub master? Does the
sub master go on the main sheet that I am using?

Can someone do a step by step for me? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Toppers:
Once again, I must admit to my newness. When you refer to "the
code supplied by Tom Ogilvy in the original postings", what do you mean,
what original postings? I don't see a Reply from Mr. Ogilvy. Thank you.
Elizabeth