Neronimo

Default Split large bar in a graph?

In MS Graph, I have a bar chart in which one of the values is much larger
than all the other ones. As a result, all you can see on the chart is this
very tall bar and all the other ones are very small. Is there any way I can
split this large bar in the middle to show it's not on the same scale and
make the other ones appear larger?
Thank you

Andy Pope

Jon has an example, which includes a couple of links to alternative
solutions.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Jon Peltier

I don't think MSGraph allows the kind of flexibility with extra series that Excel
does. (I tried a few of these approaches in MSG in the past, with very limited success.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Hi,

Neronimo wrote:

In MS Graph, I have a bar chart in which one of the values is much
larger than all the other ones. As a result, all you can see on the
chart is this very tall bar and all the other ones are very small. Is
there any way I can split this large bar in the middle to show it's
not on the same scale and make the other ones appear larger?
Thank you

Andy Pope

Hi Jon,

Yeah I know MS Graph is not the most flexible thing, but it can be done.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng30.htm

Cheers
Andy

Jon Peltier wrote:
I don't think MSGraph allows the kind of flexibility with extra series
that Excel does. (I tried a few of these approaches in MSG in the past,
with very limited success.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP