Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I set up a while loop for formulas?

Someone help me out. I have a few different equations that require iteration
in order to solve. The variable within the equations are based off of
inputed data by the user. Is there any way that I can create a while loop
within excel to calculate the values that I need?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

are you looking for something like

Do while x < 125
' code
Loop

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"frustrated" wrote in message
Someone help me out. I have a few different equations that require
iteration
in order to solve. The variable within the equations are based off of
inputed data by the user. Is there any way that I can create a while loop
within excel to calculate the values that I need?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First, you need to be more specific with your question. It is extremily hard
to understand what you want done. Also, I would recommend leaving out lines
like " Is there any way that I can create a while loop within excel to
calculate the values that I need?", but rather simply state what you want
done. It just makes it easier to come up with a solution for you.
Now on to your problem. If I understand you correctly, you want to take
data imputed by the user and process it inside an equation? If this is the
case you can just use an inputbox function.

Value1 = InputBox("Enter Value 1:")
Value2 = InputBox("Enter Value 2:")
Solution = Value1*Value2

If you have multiple values to enter at once, you can add a while loop and
modify the last value with a vbhYesNo.