Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding a whole sheet in a workbook

Hello,

Is it possible to hide an entire sheet in a workbook? I have sheets that
have information brought in through SQL queries. I just don't want my users
to be able to see them. The less there is for them to click on the better.

LWhite

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"L.White" wrote in message
Is it possible to hide an entire sheet in a workbook? I have sheets that
have information brought in through SQL queries. I just don't want my
users to be able to see them. The less there is for them to click on the
better.

Choose Format/Sheet/Hide from the Excel menu, or

Worksheets("YourSheet").Visible = xlSheetHidden

if you're trying to do this from VBA.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi L,

The code

Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlHidden

hides worksheet1, but it can be unhidden from Excel's format menu

The staement:

Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden

hides the sheet so that it can only br unhidden from the VBE or with code.

Bear in mind that Excel requires at least one sheet to be visible.

---
Regards,
Norman