Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook "Locked for Edit" Problem

I've been getting this message off and on for years, but I thought I'd gotten
rid of it by handling my links in a different (less convenient) way. All of
a sudden, one of my 26 regularly used workbooks started getting this message.
I am the only one using this computer, and there are no shared resources on
it. I have no clue when it is triggered. I'll be working with the
workbook, and close it normally, then the next time I want to use it, I get
the "locked for Edit" message. Sometimes it's the backup version that is
locked, then I can't save the regular version without changing its name. Any
clues about why this is happening? Everything is working normally
otherwise. I correct it my doiing a reboot, but for this one workbook
that's become a temporary fix. It doesn't necessarily occur every time I
use the workbook, which makes it even more strange.