Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Proxy Error (Connection refused)

Hi,
I am facing one problem while using pivot table (through Analysis Server of
SQL) i.e. "Proxy Error (Connection refused)" when connecting to server
through excel (pivot table). I have installed Service Pack 4 too to avoid
this but still the prob. is same.

Is there any solution for this and what / why is this problem ?

Thanks,

Sanjeev
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sanjeev,

You might need to figure out what port SQL is running on and check that this
port is enabled through the proxy. Typically I think it is 1433 but not
sure.

On the server, run the Server Network Utility and look at TCP/IP properties
to see what port SQL is using.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com