Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ALC ALC is offline

Default Replace code

Hello,

I’m fairy inexperienced in VBA. My problem is that I need to write som
VBA code that looks in the B column and replaces several of the value
with different values that I specify.

I.e. all Red Vines Licorice Twists need to change to Red Vines Jumb
ect...

I would generally do this with the find and replace except that I nee
to do this every month with several values in several documents.

Could someone point me in the write direction?

Thank you
AL

--
AL
ALC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2536

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why don't you record a macro doing it manually on one workbook, post the
code and tell us which workbooks you want to cater for. Share the load!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ALC" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm fairy inexperienced in VBA. My problem is that I need to write some
VBA code that looks in the B column and replaces several of the values
with different values that I specify.

I.e. all Red Vines Licorice Twists need to change to Red Vines Jumbo
ect...

I would generally do this with the find and replace except that I need
to do this every month with several values in several documents.

Could someone point me in the write direction?

Thank you
ALC

--
ALC
ALC's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388440

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should record a macro while you do the replace operation, and
examine the resulting macro. Change it to suit your needs.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson