Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel and Shockwave Flash (Active X Object)

Does anyone know of a tutorial for embeding flash into excel? I am able to
load the movie and have it displayed in excel, but how do I pull data from
the worksheet into the embedded flash?
--
Dan McCollick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello

to insert Range("A1") Value in a Flash TextField named "ZoneText1"
you may try

ShockwaveFlash1.SetVariable "ZoneText1", Range("A1")

I hope this help you

http://tinyurl.com/98agh

Regards
Miche

--
michelxl
michelxld's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1736

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes it does. Thank you.

How do you handle changing variables that need to be in an "onclip" event in
actionscript?

I.e. i am using
Call ShockwaveFlash1.SetVariable("mybackground.Color", "#808080")

But when I run this in excel it does not change the MC mybackground. if I
put the related call in actionscript it kicks out, must fall within onclip
event error message.

I am able to use the .setvariable to set text boxes though......
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nevermind. It would help if I read your attached example. Thank you

(FYI anyone looking for this answer: it's
shockwave1.backgroundColor=rgb(xx,xx,xx))
--
Dan McCollick

"Daniel McCollick" wrote:

Yes it does. Thank you.

How do you handle changing variables that need to be in an "onclip" event in
actionscript?

I.e. i am using
Call ShockwaveFlash1.SetVariable("mybackground.Color", "#808080")

But when I run this in excel it does not change the MC mybackground. if I
put the related call in actionscript it kicks out, must fall within onclip
event error message.

I am able to use the .setvariable to set text boxes though......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How would you send a font size change? I know action script has the
newTextFormat element, but how would you send that Array using the
setvariable in vba? Or, is there a way to force a text box to not scale it's
text(font) size?
--
Dan McCollick