Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Default Enabling context-sensitive help in Excel for ADO objects

Hi Folks,

This question must have been asked a million times but I have been unable to
find anything online thusfar. I am writing some VBA in Excel and I have
added the MS ADODB 2.8 library reference to my workbook. If I highlight
MoveFirst and press F1 I get a blank help window. I was hoping to get some
information about the MoveFirst method. That's just an example by the way,
I'm not specifically looking for help on that method. The last time I did
any VBA development was about 7 years ago and I can't recall if I had the
same problem back then. I have a nagging, hazy memory that I perhaps needed
MSDN help files installed but I'm not sure. Any suggestions? I know I can
find MSDN help online and that's what I have been using but it would be nice
to have the same information available offline. Our office does have an MSDN
license so the disk(s) are available to me (subject to license restrictions).

Cheers, Max
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Max,

Ron de Bruin has an add-in that helps find answers to questions
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

it also links to sites.

try it - you might like it...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Max" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Max wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have
added the MS ADODB 2.8 library reference to my workbook.

Try another version ADODB 2.5, ADODB 2.1 etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Thanks, switching to 2.5 did the trick. No idea why but it works and that's
the main thing. I am using very simple functionality, I doubt the
differences between 2.5 and 2.8 will hinder my work even though I don't know
what the difference are. :)

Cheers, Max