Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error calling Web Service from Excel Application

Please find code below which is run by an Excel macro. I am trying to make
this call a Webservice I wrote in another C# solution.

When the code trys to run this method, it gives the error "Execution
permission cannot be acquired". Even the MsgBox At the Top does not appear.
However, if I comment the line token = new usernameToken(..., The MsgBox Came
to the End will appear.

Does anyone know what is the problem.

Thanks
Guha
PS. This application
Imports Office = Microsoft.Office.Core (Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library)
Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel (Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object
Library)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Public Sub PostToSwims(ByVal publisherName As String, _
ByVal vendorName As String, _
ByVal programName As String, _
ByVal effectiveDate As String, _
ByVal jobDesc As String, _
ByVal fileName As String)
MsgBox("At the top")
Dim strResult As String
Dim token As UsernameToken
Dim username As String = "BLAHBLAH"
Dim passwordBytes() As Byte = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("BSBSBS")
Array.Reverse(passwordBytes)
Dim passwordEquivalent As String

passwordEquivalent = Convert.ToBase64String(passwordBytes)
token = Nothing

Try
token = New UsernameToken(username, passwordEquivalent,
PasswordOption.SendPlainText)
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.Message)
End Try

MsgBox("Came to the End")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've got this error too. I tried to trust all assemblies that my Excel
program used, but it didn't work.

This is an error I got;

System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Execution permission cannot be
acquired.

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me assemblyRef,
Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence
assemblySecurity)

at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_Compil edAssembly()

at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_Compil edAssembly()

at
eYesoft.Tools.WebServices.DynamicWebServiceProxy.B uildAssemblyFromWsdl(String
strWsdl)

at eYesoft.Tools.WebServices.DynamicWebServiceProxy.B uildProxy()

at eYesoft.Tools.WebServices.DynamicWebServiceProxy.. ctor(String
wsdlLocation, String inTypeName, String inMethodName)

at UCI.Client.UCIApplication.AsyncInvokeService(UCISe rviceTask task)

at VaRExcel.OfficeCodeBehind.CalculateRequest(String brokerUrl, Int32
numWorker, Int32 numRequest, String date, Int32 method) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hpcnc\uciclientexample\varexcel \thisworkbook.cs:line 220

at VaRExcel.OfficeCodeBehind.ThisApplication_SheetFol lowHyperlink(Object
sh, Hyperlink target) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hpcnc\uciclientexample\varexcel \thisworkbook.cs:line 188

Please help.
Thanks
Thanapol R.