Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GPrabaka GPrabaka is offline

Default Error calling Web Service from Excel Application

Please find code below which is run by an Excel macro. I am trying to make
this call a Webservice I wrote in another C# solution.

When the code trys to run this method, it gives the error "Execution
permission cannot be acquired". Even the MsgBox At the Top does not appear.
However, if I comment the line token = new usernameToken(..., The MsgBox Came
to the End will appear.

Does anyone know what is the problem.

Thanks
Guha
PS. This application
Imports Office = Microsoft.Office.Core (Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library)
Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel (Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object
Library)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Public Sub PostToSwims(ByVal publisherName As String, _
ByVal vendorName As String, _
ByVal programName As String, _
ByVal effectiveDate As String, _
ByVal jobDesc As String, _
ByVal fileName As String)
MsgBox("At the top")
Dim strResult As String
Dim token As UsernameToken
Dim username As String = "BLAHBLAH"
Dim passwordBytes() As Byte = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("BSBSBS")
Array.Reverse(passwordBytes)
Dim passwordEquivalent As String

passwordEquivalent = Convert.ToBase64String(passwordBytes)
token = Nothing

Try
token = New UsernameToken(username, passwordEquivalent,
PasswordOption.SendPlainText)
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.Message)
End Try