Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Add Control to Worksheet (to edit data)

Hey,

Currently, I have created a UserForm in my spreadsheet that allows
users to efficiently in-put data into a worksheet, however there will
be times when a user needs to edit the data in which they have already
inserted (created).

Because the spreadsheet as a whole is rather complex for the people
whom are using it I would prefer for the end-user not to directly edit
the field (row or column) that they wish to make a change to.

Now, I know that you can edit data in a worksheet by creating another
form using i.e. GetData(), and thats great, however sometimes its
in-efficeint to use a UserForm to scroll back and forth between results
(rows of data).

So what I am looking to do is somehow have my initial UserForm insert a
VBA "add button" control into a worksheet column next to the raw data.

I know, your probably thinking "why dont I just edit the raw data in
the table as I see it.." but as I said in my above paragraph I would
rather not have users editing the fields directly themselves, unless
through a UserForm.

Is it even possible to do what I am thinking?

To recap:

I have a UserForm, from this form you enter various data (name, ph
number etc)

From this UserForm you hit <add data to add the data into a row in one
of the worksheets contained within the spreadsheet...

Rather than have users directly edit the worksheet to make ammendments,
I want to have each entry (row of data) acompanied by an edit control
button that reloads that specific row of data back into a UserForm
where by users can safely edit / save the data.

So, can this be done with some VBA Excel magic? If so, were do I begin
to look.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

--
2BitCode
2BitCode's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First, I'd look at Data|Form to see if that was sufficient.

If it isn't, maybe you could look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

to get some ideas.

2BitCode wrote:

[...]

From this UserForm you hit <add data to add the data into a row in one
of the worksheets contained within the spreadsheet...

Rather than have users directly edit the worksheet to make ammendments,
I want to have each entry (row of data) acompanied by an edit control
button that reloads that specific row of data back into a UserForm
where by users can safely edit / save the data.

So, can this be done with some VBA Excel magic? If so, were do I begin
to look.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

--
2BitCode