Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default InputBox drop-down menu

Hello guys:

I am wondering whether I could get some help here on some macros.

I am trying to write a macro that displays an inputbox, but instead of
showing a blank field waiting for a value, I would like the blank field
to become a drop down menu when you click on it, which will show all the
possible values that can be entered into the field, and when you select
that particular value, the value will be entered into the blank field.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Thomas

--
Etrnal168
Etrnal168's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25135

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You cannot modify the InputBox. You need to make a userform and add a
listbox or combobox to it.

Check out Microsoft Forms in the VBA help. It's extensively covered.

Happy coding.

Gareth

Etrnal168 wrote:
Hello guys:

I am wondering whether I could get some help here on some macros.

I am trying to write a macro that displays an inputbox, but instead of
showing a blank field waiting for a value, I would like the blank field
to become a drop down menu when you click on it, which will show all the
possible values that can be entered into the field, and when you select
that particular value, the value will be entered into the blank field.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming