Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Toggling Display as Icon for OLE Object

I have a Word OLE Object inserted in my an Excel worksheet. I would
like the user to have option of toggling between an "active view" (the
view in which I can see the normal Word content of the OLE and a double
click will allow me to make edits directly into the OLE without having
to open Word in a seperate window) and the "icon view" (the view in
which you can *not* see the normal Word content and a double click will
open Word in a seperate window.

Manually, I can toggle between these two views. This is done by right
clicking the object, Document Object Convert Convert to:
Microsoft Word Document Display as icon. If the Display as icon
checkbox is checked, I can now see the object with an "icon view". If
the Display as icon checkbox is unchecked, I can now see the object
with an "active view". This is what I want, but it has to be done
manually. Programmically, I do not know how to do this (switch between
the two views). I have tried recording a macro but it does not pick up
any code for my checking and unchecking of the Display as icon
checkbox.

Any ideas?