Old October 18th 07, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Change label of an embedded-object icon

I inserted a Microsoft Word file as an object on a worksheet, displayed as an
icon. The icon is labelled "Microsoft Word Document." I would like to give
it a more descriptive name, but could not figure out how. Selecting the icon
shows in the formula bar: =EMBED("Word.Document.8",""). Trying to change the
text between either pair of quotation marks gave me the error message "The
text you entered is not a valid reference or defined name."

How do I change the label of the embedded-object icon?

Old October 18th 07, 03:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hmm,

When you insert the object, select the "Create from file" tab, then check both "Link to file" and
"Display as icon" . Then you can use the "Change Icon" button, and edit the caption.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP