Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel automation question

Hi everyone,

I have an addIn for excel which get data from a server and put it in a
excel sheet for a report.

Each day, a person must :
- open excel and the report file (report file is a simple xll file with
function)
- press F9 to refresh the data
- print the file

I want to automate this.

I did some work with automation and 'EXCEL9.OLB'.
I'm able to open excel, open the template report and refresh cell that
contains standard excel function [such as rand() or now()]

But it seams that all the functions that are part of my addIn are not
loaded. In fact I think my addIn is not loaded because I don't have the
menuItem related to it.

Any Idea to solve my problem?

thanks

Nic

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In your thisworkbook module in the addin is there something like a On open or
On addin install. This might explain why your addin is not bringing up the
toolbar. Other than that in the VBE do you see your addin?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have an addIn for excel which get data from a server and put it in a
excel sheet for a report.

Each day, a person must :
- open excel and the report file (report file is a simple xll file with
function)
- press F9 to refresh the data
- print the file

I want to automate this.

I did some work with automation and 'EXCEL9.OLB'.
I'm able to open excel, open the template report and refresh cell that
contains standard excel function [such as rand() or now()]

But it seams that all the functions that are part of my addIn are not
loaded. In fact I think my addIn is not loaded because I don't have the
menuItem related to it.

Any Idea to solve my problem?

thanks

Nic

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nic
If the add-in that gets the data back is a COM add-in then you'll need to
set a reference to it in whatever you are coding the other bit in (excel or
VB (or .net)). Then create an instance of whatever object does the work and
calls its methods as normal

cheers
Simon