Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "on error resume next" NOT working...

Hi...
I have a macro which at some point deletes a particular worksheet. In case
the worksheet does NOT exist, I have placed an "on error..." command to allow
the macro to keep running... My problem: the code used to work... and now it
doesn't! I get a "subscript out of range" error. Why isn't the "on error"
routine working here? Any suggestions on fixing this? Here's my code:

'if the "Final Report" sheet exists, delete it.
On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Worksheets("Final Report").Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
'more code here...

In another macro, if a given worksheet does NOT exist, my on error routine
is supposed to direct the execution to finish up, etc.... Here, as well, I
get the "subscript out of range" error... Again, the on error is NOT working
to get me past the error...

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

--
Chris M

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom... the option was set to "break on all errors". After setting
this to "Break on unhandled errors", the macro which looks for a sheet to
delete works fine now.

HOWEVER... the 2nd macro that attempts to activate a given worksheet for
processing still breaks if the given worksheet does not exist. Here's some
code:

On Error GoTo AllSheetsDone
Sheets("Day 1").Select
Call MARKfirstAVG
Call getAVERAGE
Call getSTDEV

On Error GoTo AllSheetsDone
Sheets("Day 2").Select
Call MARKfirstAVG
Call getAVERAGE
Call getSTDEV

On Error GoTo AllSheetsDone
Sheets("Day 3").Select
Call MARKfirstAVG
Call getAVERAGE
Call getSTDEV

If, for example the file only has Day 1 and Day 2 sheets, the "on error"
routine is supposed to go to the AllSheetsDone label. Even with the option
"Break on unhandled errors" set now, it's still breaking when the code
doesn't find Day 3. What am I missing here?

Thanks for all your help!
--
Chris M