Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default RecordSet object - Cannot get help file to display

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting the excel help files to work for the
Recordset object.

To be specific, if I open the VBE object browser, and type in
'Recordset' it lists 'Recordset' as a class under the ADODB library.

If I right click on 'Recordset' in the list of classes,and choose
'Help', the MS VB Help application opens, but it stays with a blank
grey screen.

Help works fine for other objects (that I have tried) - for instance
if I type in 'Range' and select the Excel library, right-click on
'Range' in the list of classes, an select 'Help' I get to help on the
Range object no problem.

I have the following references set (bound?):

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.8 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (Multi-dimensional) 2.8 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alan,

ADO is not part of Excel, so the help you are looking for is not available.

You can find the ADO programmers' reference on msdn he

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dooverview.asp

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Alan" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Robin Hammond"
wrote in message ...

Alan,

ADO is not part of Excel, so the help you are looking for is not
available.

You can find the ADO programmers' reference on msdn he

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dooverview.asp

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

Hi Robin,

Thanks for that. I guess I was misunderstanding.

I thought that by adding the reference to the library, I exposed the
objects therein and also the help files both to the excel application.

Is it possible to download the ADO help file that you referenced, so
that I access offline?

Thanks for your help,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, it's part of MSDN if you get yourself a subscription but it's not
cheap. If you have VB6 you can also access it through the VB help system
which hooks into MSDN.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Alan" wrote in message
"Robin Hammond"
wrote in message ...

Alan,

ADO is not part of Excel, so the help you are looking for is not
available.

You can find the ADO programmers' reference on msdn he

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dooverview.asp

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

Hi Robin,

Thanks for that. I guess I was misunderstanding.

I thought that by adding the reference to the library, I exposed the
objects therein and also the help files both to the excel application.

Is it possible to download the ADO help file that you referenced, so
that I access offline?

Thanks for your help,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Robin Hammond"
wrote in message ...

Well, it's part of MSDN if you get yourself a subscription but it's
not cheap. If you have VB6 you can also access it through the VB
help system which hooks into MSDN.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

Thanks Robin - I will check out those options

Much appreciated.

Alan.