Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default RecordSet object - Cannot get help file to display

Alan,

ADO is not part of Excel, so the help you are looking for is not available.

You can find the ADO programmers' reference on msdn he

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dooverview.asp

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Alan" wrote in message

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting the excel help files to work for the
Recordset object.

To be specific, if I open the VBE object browser, and type in
'Recordset' it lists 'Recordset' as a class under the ADODB library.

If I right click on 'Recordset' in the list of classes,and choose
'Help', the MS VB Help application opens, but it stays with a blank
grey screen.

Help works fine for other objects (that I have tried) - for instance
if I type in 'Range' and select the Excel library, right-click on
'Range' in the list of classes, an select 'Help' I get to help on the
Range object no problem.

I have the following references set (bound?):

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.8 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (Multi-dimensional) 2.8 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.