Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Web Queries -- unusual problem

I am fairly new to VBA and I am learning through trial and error. I
have started experimenting with web queries. I want to import several
tables from the yahoo finance web page. Everything works great, but
when I loop down a list of stocks, there is a problem...

Apparently, a banner ad is sometimes at the top and sometimes it is
not. So depending on if the banner is there or not, my tables are
imported incorrectly because of the webtable line.

Any thoughts to how I can get around this problem?

--
metcab
metcab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25157

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You couild import the whole page and then search the result for some
fixed piece of text associated with the table you want: use that to
locate the data

Tim.

"metcab" wrote
in message ...

I am fairly new to VBA and I am learning through trial and error. I
have started experimenting with web queries. I want to import
several
tables from the yahoo finance web page. Everything works great, but
when I loop down a list of stocks, there is a problem...

Apparently, a banner ad is sometimes at the top and sometimes it is
not. So depending on if the banner is there or not, my tables are
imported incorrectly because of the webtable line.

Any thoughts to how I can get around this problem?

--
metcab
metcab's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

metcab,

depending on your XL version you can specify which part of the page to
load (e.g. tables only)

Dm Unseen