Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 98 not functioning properly on formula

Ok this is strange, I export my beautiful clean sub to a 98 machine and
when it calculates a basic if statement, it does not caluculate
properly.

Example, =IF(B2=10,"GOOD","BAD")

On the 98 machine it returns BAD even if B2=10, this works fine on my
Excel2003, and does not work on the Excel98 machine.

Anyone ever run in to this....the formula is definetly right!

Confused, Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can I suggest that the format of the number is not correct? Your formul
is fine, so I would have to put it down to the number itself

--
swedish ma
swedish max's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2440

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's not a text string and isn't a format problem either. Here is the
kicker....if I manually go into the formula bar and click
enter...(Recalculating the formula)....the formula then WORKS!

Again, this macro and the formula within the macro works fine on my
computer, it is failing on another computer I installed it on.

Any ideas?!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

May I say you haven't provided all the information. What is this about a
macro? What is in a worksheet formula and what is in a macro and how is the
macro activated? What are the input values, how did you prove it is not a
string and not a formatting problem, what results did you expect and why and
what did you get instead?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Michael Smith" wrote in message

It's not a text string and isn't a format problem either. Here is the
kicker....if I manually go into the formula bar and click
enter...(Recalculating the formula)....the formula then WORKS!

Again, this macro and the formula within the macro works fine on my
computer, it is failing on another computer I installed it on.

Any ideas?!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael Smith -

Ok this is strange, I export my beautiful clean sub to a 98 machine and
when it calculates a basic if statement, it does not caluculate properly.
Example, =IF(B2=10,"GOOD","BAD")
On the 98 machine it returns BAD even if B2=10, this works fine on my
Excel2003, and does not work on the Excel98 machine.
Anyone ever run in to this....the formula is definetly right!

Maybe cell B2 contains a formula or computed value that is not exactly 10.
If so, try something like:

=IF(ABS(B2-10)<0.000001,"GOOD","BAD")

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com