Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding a Trendline or similar to a 3D Column Graph

Hiya Forumites,

Another doozy to get your head around.

I have a Column Graph, with 3 Series.

I now need to add a Trendline to at least 1 series.

But the Chart Type Column prevents it.

Now I can draw a line from point to point (about 26 points per graph, i
have about 40 graphs per week to report on.) so thats my week over.....

Can i draw lines that are smart enough to know where to put the
points... i tried to record a macro to see the code.... like below:

Anyway, any suggestion welcome, or im going to get RSI drawing lines.

Thanks,
Arty

----------------
ActiveChart.Shapes.AddLine(147#, 293.25, 639#, 293.25).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 1, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 168#, _
324#
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 2, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 186.75, _
160.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 3, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 207#, _
44.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 4, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 228#, _
90.75
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 5, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 247.5, _
240#
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 6, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 266.25, _
45.75
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 7, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 285.75, _
253.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 8, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 304.5, _
210.75
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 9, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 323.25, _
253.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 10, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 344.25, _
332.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 11, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 363.75, _
282#
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 12, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 383.25, _
378.75
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 13, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 403.5, _
369#
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 14, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 423.75, _
426.75
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 15, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 441.75, _
267#
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 16, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 460.5, _
287.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 17, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 481.5, _
266.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 18, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 499.5, _
301.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 19, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 521.25, _
366.75
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 20, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 539.25, _
228#
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 21, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 557.25, _
310.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 22, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 576.75, _
250.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 23, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 597#, _
308.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Nodes.Insert 24, msoSegmentLine,
msoEditingAuto, 616.5, _
181.5