Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem adding a range in Sumif function.

When I execute the formula,

{=SUMIF(Goal!A:A, $B$3 Goal!$H:$J)}

I am expecting this function to sum the Range Hx:Jy
where x is the starting value where B3 is found in A:A and y is the end value.

Instead, what I am seeing is this only sums Column H and not Column I and
Column J.

How do I solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

one way

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Goal!A1:A10=B3),Goal!H1:H10+Goal!J1:J10+Goal!I1:I 10)

This won't work for whole columns and you want to involve as few cells as
possible to increase speed.

Tom Ogilvy

"vrk1" wrote in message
When I execute the formula,

{=SUMIF(Goal!A:A, $B$3 Goal!$H:$J)}

I am expecting this function to sum the Range Hx:Jy
where x is the starting value where B3 is found in A:A and y is the end

value.

Instead, what I am seeing is this only sums Column H and not Column I and
Column J.

How do I solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another way:
=SUMIF(A:A,B3,H:H)+SUMIF(A:A,B3,I:I)+SUMIF(A:A,B3, J:J)
Or, another:
=SUM((A1:A10=B3)*H1:J10) - enter this as an array formula; Ctrl-shift-Enter