Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet has to set to visible as it is not visible after saving and closing Excel by VB.

After saving and closing an Excel Worksheet by VB, the only Worksheet which
resides in the Workbook doesn't show. In order to make it visible again, I
have to choose make visible from the format menu and select the Worksheet.

Is there a workaround for this problem ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could add a Workbook _Open event procedure that will set the
visibility of that worksheet to true.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Put Worksheet Name Here").Visible = True
End Sub

Or you could set the visibility of the worksheet before saving and
closing.

Sheets("Put Worksheet Name Here").Visible = True
End Sub

Either method should give you the results you are after.

HTH

--
bhofsetz
bhofsetz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18807

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi bhofsetz,

Since the workbook is created by another program on the fly, I can't adress
these methods.
Anyway I've tested the option to set the visible property to True right
before closing but that didn't help.

"bhofsetz" schreef
in bericht ...

You could add a Workbook _Open event procedure that will set the
visibility of that worksheet to true.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Put Worksheet Name Here").Visible = True
End Sub

Or you could set the visibility of the worksheet before saving and
closing.

Sheets("Put Worksheet Name Here").Visible = True
End Sub

Either method should give you the results you are after.

HTH

--
bhofsetz
bhofsetz's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380706

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Oscar,

Perhaps I am missing something but how can the sole sheet be hidden, as a
workbook must have at least one sheet visible?

Does the workbook contain sheets other than worksheets, e.g. a chart sheet.?

Alternatively, is it perhaps the workbook which is hidden?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Oscar" wrote in message
ll.nl...
[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman,

In case that I open the file by hand, it shows the one and only sheet.
In case I open the file by VB :

dim objExcel as Excel.Workbook
Set objExcel = GetObject(pathFile)

and set the application.visible to true by

objExcel.Application.Visible = True

I can't see any sheet. However, the sheet is there since I am able to
process it in VB and also print.
I think that the problem origin is right when opening the file by VB, since
it doesn't show any sheet after loading

Oscar

"Norman Jones" schreef in bericht

"Oscar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oscar,

If you are ascessing the workbook and worksheet with VBA then why not
just set the visible property to true when using VBA to open the
workbook.

dim objExcel as Excel.Workbook
Set objExcel = GetObject(pathFile)

and set the application.visible to true by

objExcel.Application.Visible = True
Sheets(1).Visible = True

--
bhofsetz
bhofsetz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18807
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380706

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've tried similar settings but nothing worked.
Another 'weird' issue : I can't code

Sheets(1).Visible = True

When I press a dot after the (1) , the VB intellisense doesn't show me any
methods or properties. In case I force to set .Visible =True an error is
fired in runtime

Remember that I noted that I use VB (within MS Visual Basic), not VBA in
Excel
---
Oscar

"bhofsetz" schreef