Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default webquery loses format of leading zero and to scientific

Hi, the

I pull data from a web page using excel web query. The data have date,
number and text. The problems are

1. The codes such as 01, 02 lose the leading zeros in excel
2. The large numbers such as 358762088221 was converted into scientific as
3.58E+12. I need the original format becasues it is account number.

I tried every setting in webquery and can't figure out. Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Glen

When you find out let me know I have a similar problem
no body seems to know
I will check your thread
Thanks
bill gras

"Glen: Webquery format" wrote:

Any body can help?

"Glen: Webquery format" wrote:

Hi, the

I pull data from a web page using excel web query. The data have date,
number and text. The problems are

1. The codes such as 01, 02 lose the leading zeros in excel
2. The large numbers such as 358762088221 was converted into scientific as
3.58E+12. I need the original format becasues it is account number.

I tried every setting in webquery and can't figure out. Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try to format (before unloading from webpage) the column in which these
numbers will be downloaded into <text format and then download from web. is
this of any help

when you download codes which are numbers excel takes them as numbers and
format them as numbers.

bill gras wrote in message
Hi Glen

When you find out let me know I have a similar problem
no body seems to know
I will check your thread
Thanks
bill gras