Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default When does entering data into cell end?

I am writing an application that uses dsoFramer Active X to make Excel Sheets
available.

I can use full Excel/VBA functionality.

The Problem: When a user edits a cell and does not finish entering (there is
still a prompt inside the cell) and pushes any button outside the Excel
Frame, I can not make this cell stop edit mode and let it know the entered
value.
If I jump into another cell like Range("B4").Select() the cursor jumps and
the new cell is focused but the old one is still in edit mode and the beeing
entered value is not available.
Is there any method in Excel VBA that makes the edit mode end up? Something
like
Range("A2").Enter()
or sth like that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll take a wild stab at this, since no one else has answered. Try setting
Application.DataEntryMode to xlOff and then back to xlOn - that might cause
it to digest the cell being edited.
--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice,
there is.