Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Fill Row after entering data into one cell

I have a worksheet that I would like to fill the row red after I enter data
in one of the rows cells. Help I can't figure this out!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format/ Conditional Formatting/ Formula Is/ =COUNTA(1:1)0
and select your red fill format.
--
David Biddulph

"Spankie1" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that I would like to fill the row red after I enter data
in one of the rows cells. Help I can't figure this out!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the entire row by clicking on row header.

Assuming F1 is empty..............................

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is:

=$F1<""

Format to red pattern and OK.

When you enter data in F1, the row will turn red.

Note the $ sign in =$F1

That is so you can copy the CF down many rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:28:11 -0700, Spankie1
wrote:

I have a worksheet that I would like to fill the row red after I enter data
in one of the rows cells. Help I can't figure this out!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The answer is conditional formatting but the question isn't clear. Try this

Select row 1 and then format|Conditional format
Formula is
enter the formula
=$A1<""
Pick a colour
Ok

When data are entered into a1 the entire row will change colour.

Mike
"Spankie1" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I would like to fill the row red after I enter data
in one of the rows cells. Help I can't figure this out!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your key cell is in column A, and your data begins in row 2, Select
your entire range (rows and columns) from cell A2 through M1000 (or
whatever), go to Conditional formatting, change the pull down box to Formula
is, and if it is just 'any' type of entry, type the following formula into
the box:
=$A2<""
Then click on the format button and choose your formatting.
--
** John C **

"Spankie1" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I would like to fill the row red after I enter data
in one of the rows cells. Help I can't figure this out!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Let assume you want to color the range A:F whenever the rows A cell has data

Suppose you are starting with A1. Select the entire range, A1:F1000 for
example and choose Format, Conditional Formatting, pick Formula is from the
first drop down and enter the formula

=$A1

Click Format and pick a color on the Patterns tab

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire