Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combining tasks

As the last part of a project I need to create a schedule. I have found
several useful tools and examples from
http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#DataVal

All of which use data validation to create a drop down list. I was
hoping to combine several of the methods and perhap get them to all
excute as one. I understand this may be impossible and appreciate any
attempts to solve.

What I would like to do is this: I have a schedule structure set up on
sheet 1. On sheet2 I have set up lists in columns A, B and C. In A, it
lists all the shift1 employees A1:A50. In B, it lists the Shift 2
Employees B1:B50, and so on for C. On my schedule in sheet1 what I
would like to do is when I click on a certain cell, a dropdown arrow
appears and lets me select a 1, 2 or 3 (indicating the shift). Based on
what I select here, when I click on the adjacent cell to the left a list
will appear that coorespond to the choice I made and only show the
appropriate list of names from the list on sheet2. Lastly, If I enter a
name not on the list it will add that name to the list and realphabetize
the list.

Please help!
Suzy

--