Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

I'm using the ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut to print out sheets
that I select (i have three sheets). When i invoke the macro with any
combination of selected sheets it deselects the first two sheets and
only prints the third.

Any help with this one would be great. This forum has a-lot to offer,
but cant find the specifics.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
excel-lent
excel-lent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24298

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look up Custom views
and Report manager.

I believe in excel 2003, you have to download the report manager

Excel's printing mechanism is weak, BUT the custom views allow you to define
multiple print ranges (even with different page orientations and hidden
columns)

The report manager lets you combine the views to print out together.

"excel-lent" wrote:

I'm using the ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut to print out sheets
that I select (i have three sheets). When i invoke the macro with any
combination of selected sheets it deselects the first two sheets and
only prints the third.

Any help with this one would be great. This forum has a-lot to offer,
but cant find the specifics.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
excel-lent
excel-lent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24298
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379037

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

BTW,

I just read the ENTIRE question.

I would suggest NOT makein a new sheet for every day. The reason is clear
why you want it, to creat a history.

I would append the current days data to one worksheet (**) and add a date
column. The tabs look pretty BUT when you're trying to go back and validate
or group say 1 months worth of data, it's going to cause you great pain.

** If you're going to have too many rows to append to one worksheet (ie more
than 65536) make a table in access to append the history too.

Also, making a new tab for each day will make managing the workbook a
nightmare in a short amount of time.

"excel-lent" wrote:

I'm using the ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut to print out sheets
that I select (i have three sheets). When i invoke the macro with any
combination of selected sheets it deselects the first two sheets and
only prints the third.

Any help with this one would be great. This forum has a-lot to offer,
but cant find the specifics.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
excel-lent
excel-lent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24298
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379037

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim mySht As Worksheet
For Each mySht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
mySht.PrintOut
Next mySht

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"excel-lent" wrote
in message ...

I'm using the ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut to print out sheets
that I select (i have three sheets). When i invoke the macro with any
combination of selected sheets it deselects the first two sheets and
only prints the third.

Any help with this one would be great. This forum has a-lot to offer,
but cant find the specifics.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
excel-lent
excel-lent's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379037

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to all for your responses.

Bernie, i'm going with yours for now. I'll post what the results are.

Thanks again to this forum for all its knowledge.