Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy sheet without links

I'm using code to copy a worksheet to another workbook - How do i break any
links on that sheet to the original workbook and just leave it as it looks.

Sheets("QUOTE").copy After:=Workbooks("RigCostTrack.xls").Sheets("Track er")

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ciara,

You are very close to the solution, if you add this next line of code
after teh one you have below, then i think we have ourselves a
solution

ActiveWorkbook.BreakLink Name:="*linkedbook*", Type:=xlExcelLinks

Were *linkedbook* is the name of the workbook that the sheet was
linking to

Hope this helps, if not please let me know

Kind regards,

Rob Turnbull
*Sortoutmyexcel.com*

--
Rob Turnbull
Rob Turnbull's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24278

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yeah - I find if i copy|pastespecial|values and then |pastespecial|formats it
looks as I would like it.

Thanks for your ideas all,

Ciara