Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy chart sheet without links

I have a chart sheet in one workbook that I wish to copy to another
workbook, the code I am using is shown below.

This works fine, except I wish to remove the links to the data in the source
workbook - is there a method I can use to copy without the links? (a bit
like copy-paste-special-values-only)

Sheets("Daily Sales Chart").Select
Sheets("Daily Sales Chart").Copy After:=Workbooks(vOutBook).Sheets(1)

TIA
Nigel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub AAAAA()
Sheets("Daily Sales Chart").Select
ActiveChart.CopyPicture _
Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture
Windows(vOutbook).Activate
Charts.Add After:=Sheets(1)
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Would paste the chart as a picture.

Other than that, you would have to convert the range references to arrays
(in the destination file), pr you would need to copy the source data sheet
at the same time you copy the chart.

A chart has to have a data source to graph.

Tom Ogilvy

Nigel wrote in message
I have a chart sheet in one workbook that I wish to copy to another
workbook, the code I am using is shown below.

This works fine, except I wish to remove the links to the data in the

source
workbook - is there a method I can use to copy without the links? (a bit
like copy-paste-special-values-only)

Sheets("Daily Sales Chart").Select
Sheets("Daily Sales Chart").Copy After:=Workbooks(vOutBook).Sheets(1)

TIA
Nigel

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Thanks, Tom

Thanks, Tom. That's worked.

Cheers
Nigel

Sub AAAAA()

Nigel wrote in message
I have a chart sheet in one workbook that I wish to copy to another
workbook, the code I am using is shown below.

This works fine, except I wish to remove the links to the data in the

source
workbook - is there a method I can use to copy without the links? (a

bit
like copy-paste-special-values-only)

Sheets("Daily Sales Chart").Select
Sheets("Daily Sales Chart").Copy After:=Workbooks(vOutBook).Sheets(1)

TIA
Nigel

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption
=---