Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get a macro to work in different workbooks ?

You can assign the macro to the button. The macro can be in any
workbook.
when the button is pushed, the workbook is opened (if not already open)
and
runs the macro. The workbook must be accessible to excel and you should
not
move the workbook.

If you didn't assign the macro to the button, then that would be your
problem. Otherwise, it should work (the macro should be in a general
module
in the workbook - not a sheet module or the thisworkbook module).

the advantage of using personal.xls is that it is opened when excel is
opened. Also, it is hidden by default.

Tom Ogilvy

"Susanne" wrote in message

Hi

How do I get a macro to work in different workbooks without having to

copy
it in to every workbook. I have tried to create a button on the

toolbar

but

it does not work.

Susanne